Terms & Conditions of Purchase
We want you to be pleased with your purchase but if you aren’t, please tell us straight away and stop using it. Bring the item back with proof of purchase and show us what’s gone wrong. If you notice damage or faults when we deliver ask the driver to return the goods to us.
All goods should be ‘fit for purpose’ and ‘as described’ regardless of whether they are new or used. Please remember that used goods have existing wear and tear from their former owners and won’t last as long as a new one. Our prices reflect these things. Before buying a used item you should inspect it carefully, check that any flaws are acceptable and the item will meet your needs.
Refunds are given in accordance with your Statutory Rights under the Sale of Goods Act. In addition to these rights we will give you a full refund if:
- A used electrical item stops working within 3 months of purchase – as long as you have been using it properly, have not attempted to repair it and transported it appropriately.
- Used furniture develops a significant fault preventing its intended use within 30 days of purchase – as long as you have not attempted to repair it, transported it appropriately and the fault is not the result of wear and tear or misuse.
We do not give refunds for any other reason. We will not give refunds for used clothing, textiles or bric-a-brac of any kind. At the Manager’s discretion we may issue a credit note or allow an exchange but only in exceptional cases. Delivery charges are not refunded unless Preen have damaged your goods in transit.
Payment of Refunds
If you are entitled to a refund and paid for the item by debit/credit card we will refund the card you paid with. If you paid in cash we will refund you in cash (refunds of £30 and under) or by cheque posted to your home within 7 days (anything over £30).
Credit notes are issued at our discretion to customers who are not entitled to a refund. Items must be returned in the same condition they were purchased in and transported appropriately. Credit notes are valid for 30 days. We will deduct any outstanding charges as a contribution to our costs.
We don’t like to charge ‘extras’. Please make sure you measure up, inspect goods carefully and be at home when we call. We can rearrange deliveries up to 24 hours in advance.
- Items returned because they are too large to fit in: £20
- Collection of item that the customer can’t return themselves: £20
- Failed delivery (customer out) goods returned to storage: £20
We hope you won’t experience any problems but we promise to resolve them quickly if you do. Speak to any member of staff. If you are still unhappy please ask for a copy of our complaints procedure.
Conditions of Membership
- Standard Membership is available to anyone aged 16 and over and costs £1 per year.
- Supported Membership is a discretionary discount scheme for disadvantaged people aged over 70 or receiving qualifying benefits. Discounts are given on the understanding that the items are for your personal use and will not be sold for financial gain. Deliveries will only be made to the registered address of the applicant.
- A membership card can only be used by the person it was issued to.
- Membership cards can be used at any Preen store and must be shown at the tills.
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported to Preen. There is a £1 charge for a replacement.
- Membership is subject to any and all rules adopted by Preen and these rules may be amended from time to time without notice.
- Preen reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant.